Experience the rewards of volunteering and make a positive difference in the lives of the children or adults in our care.
Since 1955 St. Vincent’s Special Needs Services has been a trusted provider of special education, therapeutic programs, daytime recreational and work services programs, and residential services for children and adults with multiple developmental disabilities and special health care needs. Programs for children and their families originate from the Feroleto Children’s Development Center in Trumbull. Day programs and services for adults are based in Stratford and Norwalk. Each year, more than 400 children, adults and their families attend St. Vincent’s Special Needs Services programs and receive services.
We would be delighted to have you become part of a very
special group of people — VOLUNTEERS OF ST. VINCENT’S SPECIAL NEEDS SERVICES. Most of our volunteers serve 3-4 hours per day, once or twice a week in various capacities.
Volunteer opportunities include:
- Reading to a child or adult
- Helping with art activities
- Assist with adapted game play
- Helping with gross motor activities
- Accompanying a group on a trip in the community
- Participating in a one-time special activity
Benefits of volunteering:
- Get involved in the community
- Meet new people and make new friends
- Gain new skills and knowledge
- Feel rewarded and appreciated
- Develop life skills
- Enhance your resume
- Experience unique opportunities
- Have some fun!
All volunteers are required to complete the following:
- A health assessment form signed by your physician
- Drug screening and PPD provided by St. Vincent’s
- A criminal background and DCF background check
- Provide two letters of reference
For more information about current volunteer opportunities or to schedule a tour, contact Chris Howard at (203) 386-2715.